SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL file is safe file or a malicious one?Know details:
SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL is not a safe file.It is a malicious executable code.This file attach with spam email and comes into user’s PC. SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL delete files from PC and create shortcut files.It installed via spam email and delete registry entry.This file downloaded into PC by clicking any viral advertisement.This malicious code disable system firewall settings.Once your computer got infected SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL virus, you will find your files and program shortcuts being turned into junk. Also, this virus changes major settings of the browsers and to display lot of adverts from dozens of third party sites on every web page user visit.
Know how it enters into PC:
- By viral advertisement & wrapped installation.
- freeware packages as an extension and a plug-in for modern browsers.
- By visiting any suspicious link.
- Freeware download from malicious website.
How Dangerous Is SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL Virus.
- This virus modify registry entries.
- It slow down PC performance.
- This malware delete important files from PC.
Quickly follow below guide to remove this virus manually from PC.
OR Try Manual steps to remove SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL , but before you try manual steps read the guidelines which is very important in this case.
- Users attempting manual steps must be well versed with the technical skills of the computer, because you have to go through system’s internal file and edit configurations. If not handled cautiously can damage hard drive or tamper other installed applications.
- Users need to back up all their important files, data and other important applications.
Automatic Removal solution to Remove SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL .
Remove SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL instantly in just 3-4 steps.
Manual Guide to Remove SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL .
Step:1 • Remove unwanted and suspicious browser add-ons, toolbar and extensions from web browsers:
[wptab name=’Internet Explorer’]
[wptab name=’Google Chrome’]
[wptab name=’Mozilla Firefox’]
|From Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Firefox.
2. Type about:addonds on the address bar.
3. Search related SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL extensions or other suspicious extensions.
4. Click the remove button.5. Click on the orange Firefox icon->> choose Help ->>choose Troubleshooting information
6. Click on Reset Firefox. Choose Reset Firefox again to make sure that you want to reset the browser to its initial state. Click Finish button when you get the Import Complete window.
Note: This can only remove the extensions and add-ons from the browsers. The complete removal means more than this. You must reset browser settings and re-launch all the browsers. It is recommended to use automatic Reset browser option from the SpyHunter strong antivirus tool.
Step:-2 • Remove all associates files from operating system:
[wptab name=’Windows XP’]
|From Windows XP:
1. Click Start.
2. Choose control panel.
3. Choose Add/Remove Programs.
4. Find SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL related files.
5. Click Remove button.
[wptab name=’Windows 8 / 10′]
|From Windows 8:
1. Right click on the bottom left corner of the computer screen.
2. Choose control panel from the left menu.
3. Go to programs and Features and click uninstall a program.
4. Search for SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL and related suspicious program.
5. Click Uninstall button.
[wptab name=’Windows 7 / Vista’]
|From Windows 7/ Vista:
1. Click start and select Control panel.
2. Select Programs and features and Uninstall a program.
3. Find SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL related files.
4. Click Remove button.
Step:4 •Find out all registry entries added by SLIDETOSHUTDOWN.URL .
- Hold down the Option key while looking at the Go menu in Finder to access the ~/Library folder.
- Find related entries and delete them one by one. Recheck to ensure all files are deleted.
While performing manual removal process if you stuck at any point of time, immediately stop the process, as it needs very patience and understanding. Rather opt for quick removal method which is convenient and time saving.